The materials listed on this page are posted in an effort to promote transparency, accountability, and timely access to information as stated by California Welfare & Institutions Code.
- Financial audits
- DDS audits
- Managerial salaries and benefits
- Personnel classifications
- Vendor contracts
Financial Statements and Independent Auditors’ Reports
Department of Developmental Services Audits
By December 1 of each year, each regional center shall report information to the department on all prior fiscal year expenditures from the regional center operations budget for all administrative services, including managerial, consultant, accounting, personnel, labor relations, and legal services, whether procured under a written contract or otherwise. WIC § 4639.5
Managerial Salaries and Benefits
To promote transparency, each regional center shall include on its internet website, as expeditiously as possible: The salaries, wages, and employee benefits for all managerial positions for which the primary purpose is the administrative management of the regional center, including, but not limited to, directors and chief executive officers. WIC § 4629.5(a)(15)
By December 1 of each year, each regional center shall provide a listing to the State Department of Developmental Services a complete current salary schedule for all personnel classifications used by the regional center. WIC § 4639.5
To promote transparency, each regional center shall include on its internet website, as expeditiously as possible: Contract awards, including the organization or entity awarded the contract and the amount and purpose of the award. WIC § 4629.5(a)(4)
Community Resource Development Plan (CRDP) Priorities for the 2023/2024 Fiscal Year
Posted: October 27th, 2023
Based on the survey responses, Regional Center of the East Bay is proposing that the 2023-24 Community Resource Development Plan submission to the Department of Developmental Services include:
- Multifamily Housing-Affordable housing options for adults and older adults
- Specialized Transportation Services-Services that can support the changing mobility, vision needs of our clients and that can provide transportation to those who require regular transport (standing order) and who could be transported on routes that are shorter/ reduced due to the client’s health needs.
- Wrap Around Services to support children under the age of 18 in areas of benefits, medical, school advocacy, transportation, and access to other important resources to meet the needs and preferences of the child, along with their family.
Thank you for your participation in the needs resource survey. Your feedback is important in developing the funding requests made to the Department of Developmental Services. Approved funding requests will be posted as Requests for Proposals.
Please feel free to email comments to email@example.com
Community Placement Plan (CPP)/Community Resource Development Plan (CRDP) Project Awards
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2022-23
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2021-22
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2020-21
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2019-20
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2018-19
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2017-18
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2016-17
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2015-16
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2014-15
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2013-14
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2012-13
- CPP Project Awards for FY 2011-12
Medicaid Waiver Audits
- 2019 Home and Community-Based Services Audit
- 2019 Targeted Case Management and Nursing Home Audit
- 2017 Home and Community-Based Services Audit
- 2017 Targeted Case Management and Nursing Home Audit
- 2015 Home and Community-Based Services Audit
- 2013 Home and Community-Based Services Audit
- 2009 Home and Community-Based Services Audit
HCBS Final Rule Compliance
In accordance with Welfare and Institutions Code section 4519.2(b) each regional center shall post Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Final Rule compliance information on its website, and shall update the information no less frequently than every six months. The attachment shows Regional Center of the East Bay’s compliance information based on provider self-assessment data pulled on August 31, 2020.
Should you have any questions regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact RCEB’s HCBS Specialist, Fruc Menchavez, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to work on updating this information on a semi-annual basis in an effort to maintain transparency and show our continuing progress toward the HCBS Final Rule Compliance.